Monday, October 7, 2013

The Whole Seed Catalog

This may be the first time in the history of the blog, but I'm going to recommend a product to you sight unseen.  You may recall a few weeks ago Schnickelfritz and I traveled to Mansfield, MO and stopped by the Baker Creek Heirloom Seed farm.  After visiting, I'm committed to using heirloom seeds in my garden next year.  They just sent me an email about a new catalog coming out in November--but it's way more than a catalog!

There's going to be recipes, histories of heirloom seeds,  tips for growing and preserving, as well as listings (many with color pictures) of all the seeds available for purchase -- 324 pages in all.  I always enjoy looking through the seed catalogs during the winter.  Even on the coldest days, it reminds me that Spring will come again.   All I can show you now is a copy of the cover, which is a piece of art by itself.


The catalog is available at a pre-publication price of $7.95 plus shipping.

UPDATE (11/8/13): I just called to check the status of my catalog and apparently now they won't be shipped until mid December -- still plenty of winter left to browse through all the pages.

Don't miss a thing! Subscribe to Ozark Ramblings and get my posts in your inbox.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...