Wednesday, July 25, 2012

V is for Vote

I realize that I may be preaching to the choir here, studies show that homeschoolers are more involved politically than the average person.  We know our rights to keep our kids at home is constantly threatened.  I've made several last minute trips to Jefferson City to make sure our legislators know we're paying attention to the details in the bills they're considering (let's not talk about the whole "we have to pass it so we can find out what's in it" argument).

The fall election is often a matter of choosing the lesser of two evils.  It's the primaries where you can really select a candidate that represents your values and views on government involvement in your life.  I take my son with me every time.  I remind him that men have died to protect our right to vote.  Showing up at the polls is our way to honor and thank them.  I show him the voters guides published by several non-partisan sources and teach him that actions often speak louder than words--especially the words of campaign promises.

Blogging Through the Alphabet

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...