Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Home from Branson

We're back from our trip to pick up Schnickelfritz from Royal Rangers Camporama.  On the way home we stopped to spend a day at Silver Dollar City.  It was the first visit for hubby and son and my first visit in more than a decade.  Still one of the best them parks in the country!  I got to enjoy the crafts while they road the coasters.  We all enjoyed a special show--Gazillions of Bubbles.  I sure would like to know his formula for bubble solution.

The next day we went to the Titanic Museum in Branson.  I'll actually be updating my T is for Titanic post with details of that trip so I can keep the link with Ben and Me's ABC challenge.  We were all impressed.

When we got home a neighbor brought over a bushel of tomatoes.  We lost all ours to squirrels while they were still green--I wonder if they were going for the water in these drought conditions?  Anyway, the neighbor had hers surrounded by electric fencing to keep the little varmits out.  I spent the weekend making salsa.

It's time for me to gear up for the new school year.  We'll be starting the end of the month with normal lessons (of course I've already logged the Titanic museum as history hours).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...