Friday, July 9, 2010

Fritz made a new friend

...and so did I--at the deli counter of Wal-mart of all places.  My Fritz is about as extroverted a person as you likely to meet.  I'm sure someday he'll be a greeter at Wal-mart, after he retires from the Supreme Court, that is (a mother's got to dream you know).   Fritz spotted  a fly on this girl's cart and decided the chivalrous thing to do was swat it away for her.  When she said thank you and when I heard her mother giving her order I could tell  they "weren't from around these here parts."   Since my son had already broken the ice I asked where they were from and what brought them to rural Missouri. 

They were from Wales, and apparently our little town has at least one business with enough international dealings to bring her husband over for a three year stint.  The two children were making friends at school but poor "Mum" was still trying to make connections in the community.  We stood in the parking lot talking for 20 minutes and now we have plans to meet at the pool next week.

1 comment:

Seventhheaven said...

How awesome!
How Fritz and the Fly Brought Two Mums Together! :D

Have fun at the pool :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...