Monday, May 10, 2010

A trip to the hospital

My grandmother fell during the night and broke he hip.  She was very apologetic, "This couldn't happen at a worse time."  My aunt pointed out that there's really not an ideal time for a fracture.  I didn't want to keep my Schnickelfritz at the hospital for hours, but we did stop by for a while to offer support to my aunt and uncles while they waited for the surgeon.


We joined one uncle in the cafeteria.  The hospital staff was having a "Minute to Win It" contest to amuse everyone on their lunch hour.  It was funny to watch doctors and administrators strap a kleenex box around their waists.  The box contained eight ping pong balls and the object was to jump and wiggle until the balls bounced out.  During a lull in volunteers, one of the nurses invited Fritz to take part.  I knew one day it would pay off to have a wiggle worm for a son.  He had the fastest time of the day--11 seconds, and earned a bag of Cracker Jacks.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...