Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentines Day

I was in the kitchen preparing biscuits and gravy when my Schnickelfritz came in behind me and asked where to find the glue.  Have you noticed how mothers are responsible for knowing the locations of EVERYTHING, even when those things haven't been returned to their proper place?


 "What for?" I ask.  The answer was "I can't tell you."  I'll confess my first thought was what has been ripped of broken and he's trying to fix without my knowledge.  Does this make me a bad mother?  


I told him it would have to wait until the biscuits were in the oven.  He agreed to wait and then said the next item he would need was the glitter.  A lightbulb went on in my head--the calendar says February 14th.  I immediately regret my initial assumptions and try to continue on as if I know nothing.  I delay retreiving the glue and glitter until the Toolman returned with his Sunday paper so Fritz can have some adult supervision (I knew he'd ask for  help spelling Valentine anyway). 


The surprise card I received at breakfast is the most precious thing ever.  It was the first time he made something on his own initiative.  It opens backwards, the back says "Feb 14, NOW,"  and I'll never get rid of it.

1 comment:

TheCrazyMom said...

I have lots of those kinds of things plastered all over my bedroom walls! :)


BTW, you ROCK as a blogger!!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...