Saturday, January 16, 2010

Crisis vs Inconvenience

A tree fell on our house today.  The deck railing toppled over (it probably also took the brunt of the blow and kept the tree from ending up in our dining room.  There are several holes where branches poked through the roof and a noticible trough, the gutter is bent and torn off.  On any other given week I would probably be more upset by this,  but I've had 4 or 5 days of seeing glimpes of sheer devistation in Haiti.  I know that my family's all safe, no one is waiting days and days for food or medical treatment.  I will face the inconvenience of dealing with insurance and contractors and bills for a few weeks and then my life will return to normal.  I doubt that many in Haiti will have a permanant roof over their heads by then.  I thank God for the perspective to see that what I have is an inconvenience and will continue to pray for those who are truly facing crisis. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...